Wedmore Arts Festival 2018
11th to 19th May 2018! Almost time...............
Wedmore Arts Festival gets off to a roaring start on 11 May with an evening of entertainment from the Glastonbury Male Voice Choir. The Festival ends on a very different note: the sensational jazz singer Clare Teal (a sell-out at our 2015 Festival) returns to Wedmore with her Trio on Saturday 19 May in a brand new show that celebrates the golden age of song with an upbeat and uplifting programme of music.
Other musical highlights of the week will include the iconic pianist Richard Lennox, organist Jeremy Cole, and the Wells Cathedral Brass Ensemble.
By no means is it an exclusively musical week though;
- there will be an evening event for the whole family with Simon King, cameraman, naturalist, presenter and wildlife guru on the evening of 14 May.
- Plus of course, in true Wedmore Festival tradition, yet another of the country’s favourite comedians will be here to amuse us. This year we are delighted to welcome star of BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz, Jeremy Hardy to Wedmore Hall on his 2018 summer tour on 16 May.
Then there are also our popular lunchtime talks with a range of speakers from different walks of life.
- We have Andrew Wright, the renowned award-winning choreographer and stage director;
- Michael Eavis who, as founder of the Glastonbury Festival, needs no introduction to the people of Somerset
- Hilary Boyd, best-selling author and creator of the popular ‘gran-lit’ genre including Thursdays in the Park and A Perfect Husband;
- Don Boyd the well-known film director;
- Brigadier Bruce Jackman OBE MC, president of the SW branch of the Gurkha Welfare Trust. Fluent in Gurkhali, Brigadier Jackman served for many years with the Gurkhas, as did his father before him and his son afterwards - between them a total of 68 years service;
And last but not least we will stage an Art Exhibition in the Lerburne Barn all week.
The full programme will be available at the end of March, with tickets on sale at the same time.
Join hundreds of others and follow us on Twitter - @ArtsFestWedmore - we can keep you up to date with plans as they evolve for 2018.