Wedmore Arts Festival 2018
11th to 19th May 2018! Almost time...............
Wedmore Arts Festival gets off to a roaring start on 11 May with an evening of entertainment from the Glastonbury Male Voice Choir, featuring guest soloist Poppy McGhee and staged in support of Avalon Camps. The Festival ends on a very different note: the sensational jazz singer Clare Teal (a sell-out at our 2015 Festival) returns to Wedmore with her Trio on Saturday 19 May in a brand new show that celebrates the golden age of song with an upbeat and uplifting programme of music.
By no means is it an exclusively musical week though;
- there will be an evening event for the whole family with Simon King, cameraman, naturalist, presenter and wildlife guru on the evening of 14 May.
- Drama is well catered for with the superb Liz Grand performing a one-woman show entitled "Second Best Bed". Liz stars as Anne Hathaway on the night of Shakespeare’s funeral. The wake has finished, the mourners gone… Anne is left alone to remember her life with the most talented playwright the world has ever seen. Or was he? Did he write those plays? His widow would know if anybody did. Wouldn’t she? A great evenings entertainment
- Plus of course, in true Wedmore Festival tradition, yet another of the country’s favourite comedians will be here to amuse us. This year we are delighted to welcome star of BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz, Jeremy Hardy to Wedmore Hall on his 2018 summer tour on 16 May. SOLD OUT!
Then there are also our popular lunchtime talks with a range of speakers from different walks of life.
- We have Andrew Wright,, the renowned award-winning choreographer and stage director;
- Michael Eavis who, as founder of the Glastonbury Festival, needs no introduction to the people of Somerset
- Hilary Boyd, best-selling author and creator of the popular ‘gran-lit’ genre including Thursdays in the Park and A Perfect Husband;
- Don Boyd the well-known film director;
- Brigadier Bruce Jackman OBE MC, president of the SW branch of the Gurkha Welfare Trust. Fluent in Gurkhali, Brigadier Jackman served for many years with the Gurkhas, as did his father before him and his son afterwards - between them a total of 68 years service;
And last but not least we will stage an Art Exhibition in the Lerburne Barn all week.
The full programme is now available, with tickets on sale either online
or in person from Wedmore Village Stores.
Join hundreds of others and follow us on Twitter - @ArtsFestWedmore - we can keep you up to date with events as they evolve for 2018.
Luxury self catering in Somerset
Wedmore Village Stores
(The Paper Shop)
- No tweets found